Friday, March 15, 2013

Too much sadness

This past week the team of Mocha Joe’s has been struck by two untimely and tragic deaths of loved ones. As a group split across the Atlantic Ocean we are doing our best to provide love and support to one another. As people are fond of saying here in Cameroon, ‘We are together’ (or ‘Nous sommes ensemble’) and that’s important.  For me in particular, while I am deeply saddened by the events and am going through my own process, I’m sound and healthy and no one needs to be worrying about me. 

Incidentally, this week we also received the news that our operation has been approved for Organic Certification. Something to celebrate, but it is just so overshadowed by the rest of the week’s events it hardly seems worth mentioning, but I want to take the chance to congratulate everyone that was involved in the process and say how proud I am that we got through so many different kinds of obstacles along the way.

1 comment:

  1. "We are together." One of the most important lessons you will ever learn. We love you.

    ReplyDelete